26 December 2010

The pancakes were lovely by the way

Hello dolly. It has certainly been a while since I have last posted anything. (Don't worry my leg has sufficiently healed since my last fall) Now that my finals are out of the way though I feel like I have a bit of breathing room. Plus the excitement of Christmas has passed so I am no longer rushing about trying to find gifts, wrap gifts, and creatively tag gifts for my wonderful family and friends.

Finals went well. Nothing too out of the ordinary there--essays, essays,essays. As a special treat after a Shakespeare final Laura, Abi, and myself went to brunch at Stellas. We then found a rather phallic Santa figurine (which we, of course, had to position for a set up complete with spilled creamer). The pancakes were lovely be the way.

Then that Sunday the Lit Girls gathered for drinks and festivities. We dressed up and all looked stunning! I heart them all so very much!
 
Then, then on Christmas Eve-eve I gathered with Caitlin, Beth and Jessica for an awesome manicure, lunch and gift exchange. It was delightful (and Beth has the most beautiful red hair!) Soon we are planning a crafternoon. I can't wait! Oh they are so presh!

I have also been dying to dye my hair. I tried a week or so back, but ended up purchasing my own hair color. (Talk about feeling lame when I realized the mistake). Finally I have the dark brown I have been dreaming of for a few weeks now! I'm thoroughly (in my misspelling of the word I came up with thug holy. I think I'll use that in the future) enjoying the color change :) (Oh plus I bought the yellow dress I'm wearing for the super steal of $7, but it was an ugly yellow. So I, with the magic of Rit, made it even more sunshiny than before!)


I hope you had the merriest of holidays and that Santa treated you well!
I'm going to start some embroidering now.(I'm so excited to try it out finally)
Love, Mattie

2 comments:

  1. ohhh your hair looks so pretty i love iiiit! You look fabulous as a dark brunette! :)
    I'm so glad to hear that finals went well. The santa figurine with the creamer made me giggle. wish you had taken a pic so that I could have gotten the FULL effect, lol.
    I'm so happy that you had a great christmas!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you darling Jill!
    I do love the dark brown :)
    I sent you a text of the Santa picture. I hope you enjoy it ;)

    Did you have a lovely birthday?

    ReplyDelete