30 June 2010

On my drive to school each day I am greeted by a duck. Her mottled tan feathers and slender body blend into the rock and grass making each time I see her a surprise. While this does not seem out of the ordinary considering the nearby river, driving down a dirt road and veering to save the ducky seems a bit odd. There is no consistent body water out this way and while I suppose she could have a nest in the tall grasses, she appears to have no mate.
I have decided anthropomorphism is the route to go though and so she has been named Dolores. I like the alliteration in the name Dolores the Duck; it feels nice on my tongue. Each day I see her it is very nice. She always comes waddling across the road taking her time, yet when she feels me coming she picks up the pace to dive into the ditch. She is then hidden in the swaying grasses and I motor on.

Also, I saw this morning a bunny. Normally they are sitting up and ready to leap away at the slightest movement or noise, yet this one was stretched out, fully stretched out, with its adorable head resting on its little paws. Needless to say, the addition of this fuzzy creature made the start of my day pleasant as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment