25 September 2010

I want a pony!

After a delightful dinner with Grandma Bev, Aunt Noreen, Uncle Randy and Aunt Debbie, my brothers, J.R. (aka Mr. Billings) and my parents the drive home resulted in my desire to stop and have a picture with the large lawn ornaments.

Yes, out on the frontage road is a company which supplies the public with preposterously proportioned  lawn ornaments. Any thing your heart desires! Elephants, bulls, flamingos and, as you will see in the following pictures, a few rather special concrete creatures.
Yes, that is my $5 dress I bought today!
Oh the majestic, and elusive, unicorn! I have tamed him for my own magical use. yay!

And these are my new shoes! (You can only kinda seem them in the above pictures.Just squint a bit) I bought them to wear with some great dressed for Trish's wedding this next week!
Check! Life goal No. 145 Take Picture Next to Large Concrete Animal is complete! (Actually I have to say that I completed this goal at age 7 when I had my picture taken next to the roadside cow and white buffalo statues on the way to Minnesota)

Well I must go into a NyQuil coma now so that I can wake to venture out to Granny's Attic tomorrow. Oh I love vintage shopping! :D

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for the unicorn. It is the best unicorn yard art I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a picture of me next to that same unicorn! That's so funny :) He is definitely the most majestic pony I have ever seen. Five grand though right??

    Your shoes are amazing. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for enjoying the majesty of the unicorn :)

    I am not sure how much they want for him. Five grand sounds like too much for a lawn ornament.Holy smokes!

    I bought my shoes at Dillards. They have a pretty big selection on sale. I bought those heels for $24 marked down from $80. Can you believe it!?

    I also tried to go to Granny's Attic today, Coralene, because I saw the wonderful treasures you recently got, but sadly I misread the sign and they were closed. It was a bummer, but luckily I have time on Tuesday to swing by!

    ReplyDelete