28 September 2010

The dress is done!

With just enough time to pack, I have finished my dress!
The front

The back. We were able to add the beads here and it looks amazing!
With some expert help from Grandma Bev, I was able to complete my dress. (She sews an amazing shirttail hem!) I have gathered some vintage crystal jewelry from my grandmothers to finish it off: a pin for the front, a set of drop earrings, and a beautiful bracelet.

If I were able to close up the back (There are five hook-n-eyes holding the beads on, plus I would have to be talented enough to tie a bow behind my back!), I would try it on to show you, but you'll just have to wait till I return from my party week celebrating Trish's wedding to see more!

2 comments:

  1. OMG mattie, it's amazing! YOURE amazing, i wanna learn from yOU! haha. cant wait to see you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! It was fun making it :)

    ReplyDelete