06 September 2010

Pattern Party

Well with it being Labor Day I knew the fabric stores in town would be having sales. I was lucky enough to come across Vogue patterns for $3.99 and a McCall's pattern for 99 cents. What a steal!!


So I found this vintage Vogue pattern (V2960) and fell in love. The low scoop back plus all of the buttons in the front and a full skirt just make for a beautiful combination. I am very excited to make this one :) 
Then I came across this interesting jacket (Vogue V8600) made by Marci Tilton. I am going to make the hooded version of the jacket and hopefully play around with some fun mixes of prints for the fall. And even better, the pattern claims to be easy (I'm lulling myself into believing that even though the draping looks challenging)


 Ok, ok I know this one looks lamer than lame. It's a one hour dress and has the simplest of instructions, but I am planning on using this McCall's pattern (M6102) for my Halloween costume as the Morton Salt girl. After thinking about the time I have between now and October 31st filled with the other projects I'm working on, plus the school work that I'll be doing, I reconsidered the previous pattern and am going to work with this one. I plan on using a vintage inspired yellow print and adding cute details at the neckline so it's not soo plain jane. Seriously though, look at the models for this pattern. I'd never be able to find white, slingback kitten heels. Ridiculous!

2 comments:

  1. yayy so awesome that you're going as the morton salt girl! :D
    that pattern looks much easier than the one you purchased previously, you're so right!
    I want all of those patterns, you have the best taste! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill. You are too sweet!
    After I make them, if they work out well,we can maybe do a pattern exchange ;)

    ReplyDelete