29 August 2010

Halloweenie!

My loverly friend Jill has got me thinking about Halloween costumes. (Is she not amazing with all of her wonderful scrapbook pages!?)

When the fabric store had a sale, I picked up Simplicity pattern 3618. It's fun and flirty and could easily be reconstructed to make any kind of costume my little heart desires.

I have been tossing around two ideas:
the Swiss Miss hot chocolate girl or the Morton's salt girl.










If I go with the Heidi-like costume I would probably choose tartan plaids and and crisp white ruffles along with donning a pair of pigtails and a box of hot cocoa mix. (In the creation of this costume, there is no girl associated with the cocoa, but I figure what the hay it's Halloween and I can do what I want!)







If I decide the salt girl, I will play around with yellow and navy while twirling an umbrella and spilling salt in white tights.  






What do you think? Will ya give a girl some friendly advice?

3 comments:

  1. Salt girl. So dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, im so touched that i got you thinking about halloween costumes! That's awesome that you're actually going to make yours, that's a lot of work!!
    I love both of your ideas, they would both be adorable! :D Let me know what you decide!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh of course you have me thinking of Halloween--you're pretty inspirational! Too bad we can't celebrate together in our cute costumes

    I'm going towards the salt girl because I now have everyone else looking at being food product mascots too--like the raisin girl,the tuna mermaid, etc.

    I'm not so sure now if I'll make mine from the pattern or just find a cute yellow dress. We'll see ;)

    ReplyDelete