14 August 2010

Dress Dilemma

I like dress A, which is the shorter green dress on the bottom right. I think this would be a great dress to mix in patterns and prints. Don't you think so?
So I am in need of a new fancy-pants dress. I am going to a few parties and a wedding in October for a family member and want to have a wonderful dress for these events. I am considering making my own dress. After collecting a few patterns I have narrowed it down to these two (that is unless there is another sale on patterns and I buy more haha). I'm thinking of using taffeta or a dupioni silk because I like the iridescent quality, texture and weight of the fabric. I  may even mix in a pattern just for fun! I just don't know which one to make!
While I love the open back with the bow, I feel this may not be very fun-loving and youthful.What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. OMG. i loooove both of them, they would look amazing on you!! I want to make both of those dresses too, hahaa. must go buy those patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet Jill!

    Well I know with certainty that Joann's will be having Simplicity patterns on sale (5 for $5) the weekend of August 20-22.(Although I don't know if you have any in OK) I had tried buying (*cough* more)patterns today without realizing the date and sadly had to put them back :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww sad im sorry! :( i missed the sale, mannn :( i know hobby lobby had them all sale a couple weeks ago. i bought a couple purse patterns and my first attempt at making a purse was an epic FAIL. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you talking a purse with a frame? Or an all fabric purse?

    If you are working on a purse with a frame (I have my supplies, but have yet to make one :P) here is a link I think will be helpful. I plan on using it when I make mine. Browse through her site and you'll find she has some other free tutorials for other bag styles too!

    http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/2006/11/pleated_pouch_o.html

    ReplyDelete