16 August 2010

"Mattie, you're smart, but you can't figure this thing out"

Uhhh I want to make this dress (Is she not incredible in working her reconstruction magic?!)! I greatly enjoy how it is very open at the neckline in a flirty way, but with the skirt rising to an empire waist makes it retro and sweetly provocative. Even the buttons are great. I have an affinity for buttons though...



Maybe I'm reading too much into this dress, but ooo I just want to make it! But how?!
I don't know if it would be easier to reconstruct a top or start from scratch.If I start from scratch I will need to find a decent pattern, probably vintage. And if I reconstruct it, I am a bit hesitant that I will not be able to manipulate it well enough to transform into my ideal dress. This is a bit frustrating, although not entirely defeating. I just have to work it out and maybe find a bit of help.

1 comment:

  1. its wayyy cute, i bet you could make it with your amazing sewing skills! :D it has a nautical look to it- ive been obsessed with the nautical look all year!

    ReplyDelete