06 September 2010

Log rolls and No deals

Rachel, Caitlin, Kali, Mattie, Tiah, Beth

Post log roll. The yard has the most perfect slope for log rolls!
The birthday girl. And yes, that is rainbow chip frosting made by the wonderful Beth :)
This weekend was an epic birthday party for my dear Caitlin. We had so much fun in her new place :)

Beth and I, earlier in the day, went on a search for the perfect gift. We found a wonderful locket which opens to reveal a clock. Score! Then we didn't know what else to get. We scoped out multiple stores finally finding this cute stack of tiny black and white polka dot plates. Still we were not sure, so we expertly hid them among the shelves and tried another store. We knew though that only those plates would do! Rushing back we uncovered them and rushed to the checkout. Double score for perfect gift number two!!

We then gathered all of the supplies (cake, presents, etc) and made are way over to Caitlin's. In our excitement, we were the first to arrive :) Not a problem though because we know how to get a party started!!
~~~~
When Sunday rolled around, I lazily read in bed till I finally started to collect myself to start the day. I went to scope out a few rental properties.(And was also stalked by Katie while driving. She just had to get a closer look to see if it was me!) They look promising---in a nice quiet neighborhood which is centrally located to downtown and the westend. I put a call in to have a viewing. (Cross my fingers it is just the place I'm looking for because it's a steal of a deal) After driving around I went out to Grandma Bev's house. We are going to work on the party dress together. I got as far as making the muslin dress so as to ensure fit. Also we auditioned a few fabrics to make my pillowcases. When we finished dinner, I then scooted out to meet up with the Peila's for a movie and cookies. mmmm It was a wonderful way to wrap up the day!  Plus we have started plotting a large group Halloween costume.It is brilliant and tasty!
~~~~
Now I think I may head out to look at fabric. Yay for Labor Day sales :D

4 comments:

  1. it sounds like you had a great weekend! The party sounded (and looked) like it was super fun!
    I hope the apartments you found are everything you hope they'll be and more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! I hope the apartments are great too. I'm in need of having a space to make my own. How did Alex's room come along?

    It was a pretty silly night. My name was chanted numerous times, there were straws,and I attempted doing some pull ups, but just ended up on the floor :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gifts sound absolutely amazing! Where were you shopping?

    Fingers crossed for you on the apartment. There are so many adorable places here, but somehow I always end up in the cookie cutter apartments... we're looking around too and I know it's not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to American Eagle and found the locket. It's soo cute I want one too! And the plates were from tjmaxx. They have them in all kinds of colors--robin's egg blue, orange, lime green with white polka dots :)

    Thanks Coralene for the finger crossing!
    I hope you find an equally great place to live too.I've scouted some nice two bedroom places also. At one point there was this victorian house on I believe the 100 block of Yellowstone. I could imagine you there making it all cute :)

    ReplyDelete