23 October 2010

Hairstyles and hipskirts



Straightened 

Naturally curly


I went in on Thursday to have a haircut. I knew I would have a substantial trim  and was looking forward to an aline/wedge style cut, but boy oh boy did a lot come off! Where I was once able to pile my hair on top of my head for a bun, I now have little to no ponytail at all. Interestingly enough though, I LOVE IT!
****
Then on Friday night I went over to Caitlin's to meet for dinner and help them prepare for the Hell of a Halloween party at the Shrine. (They had the most ingenious costumes--miniskirt overall outfits the girls made to go with super fun hats to be Mario, Luigi, and Warrio). I was thinking I would kinda chill for the night being that I didn't bring any costume and wasn't in much of a mood for dancing.That was till they started chanting my name and Caitlin pulled out her belly dancing clothing. Soon enough they had styled a fantastic outfit for me to wear of gold pants, a black hipskirt with rows upon rows of gold coins, and a bellyshirt with a sweatheart neckline and mesh. I drew on heavy eyeliner and added gold earrings. I was set!

That is until I realized I locked my keys IN THE CAR!! (Oh shit!) Luckily the guys were able to hack in with a hanger and screwdriver (I am sooo thankful for their skills! They will be paid handsomely in baked goods). 

Once that was worked out we got to dancing! It was such a fantastic time! Caitlin, Beth and Kali won first place for the costume contest and even snagged $40! Congrats girls! I just danced the night away (I think Caitlin's hipskirt has magical powers, and like milkshakes, it brings all the boys to the yard) It was the greatest of fun and I think I could go dancing all the time :)


Check out their cute costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment