10 October 2010

Ruffly Ruffles


I tried my best to get a picture of it, but most of them resulted in looking down my blouse (not classy), so you'll have to enjoy the more detailed shots of the vest or just be lucky enough to see me wearing it!



 Grandma Bev is the sweetest! When I left her house last night after my mom's birthday dinner, she sent me home with two tiny cans of 7UP because my tummy had been bothering me. It did just the trick!

Also, Grandma Bev has the most wonderful ceder closet where she tucks away costumes. At one point she worked in the Billing Studio Theater's costume room. I loved it there!! Oh the hats and dresses made me swoon! Over her many years of acting and working at BST she collected some wonderful garments. I have been dressing up in this gauzy layered vest from the time it brushed the ground as I strutted the living room in clicky, dress-up heels. It has always been my most favorite piece in the closet.(Is it weird that I daydream about wearing it?!) Every time I opened the wooden door and was embraced by the clean, pungent scent of ceder I would dig through the feathers, polyester, beads, and layers of fabric to find the vest. Last night I asked if I could have it and she gladly gave it to me. I am a happy girl :)

Now I need to complete (or rather start!) my short story critique on London's "To Build a Fire", read Hamlet, finish Euripides' "Trojan Women", oh and take a look at my online human geography class (it's been over a week!). I just have to tell myself that learning is fun when it suffocates me! blah! But, at least I have my beautiful vest to write in :)



No comments:

Post a Comment