31 October 2010

I didn't need a sword. I had other skills...

My Halloweenie celebrations were delightful!

I swigged back the last of my dayquil (I've been trying to kill another cold I caught earlier this week. Even the pharmacist told me I didn't look very good today when I asked about when I could get a flu shot) and headed out the door in my cute wench/pirate/gypsy costume (I can't really say I know what I went as, but I just loved wearing the purple taffeta vest!).

The evening started at Laura's where we had a "super foods" dinner of baked sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, collard greens, and Barbie was sweet enough to bring over steaks.Earlier that afternoon I had made caramel brownies and so we were set for dessert too.

Once done with dinner and our costumes were adjusted for maximum presentability, we piled into the car heading to the Rouge Gallery art showing above Ciao Mambo. It was fascinating! (I am still thinking about the print of the decomposed deer).

After meandering through the macabre works and creative costumes we went down to the restaurant for drinks. (Being the wild woman I am, I had a nice cup of raspberry tea to soothe my throat)

From there I met up with Caitlin and Steve and a few other friends. It was low key,but enjoyable to be out.

Now that Halloween is officially here, I have been spending my day relaxing. I recently came back from the bookstore with new treasures! I hope you have been having a lovely fall holiday!


6 comments:

  1. it sounds like you had a great halloween!! :) Sounds perfect to me! I love your costume, hottie pirate! lol. :) What happened to the salt girl? Love the pirate just as much though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill!!!
    I gave up on the salt girl because 1) I didn't really put a lot of energy into making the dress and 2) because I didn't make the dress, my other idea was to wear a rain slicker, but I also thought I would have been feeling better and was going to be dancing and, well, wearing a water resistant coat would get a little uncomfortable to dance in.
    So pirate girl it is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your costume! I definitely didn't see you there though, now that I know what you wore. Did you like the deer print? My favorite was the weird bone skull/spine thing with the huge hooves by the Black Sparrow booth. Love weird stuff like that.

    I didn't know you were thinking about going as the salt girl! What a cute idea, you would :)

    I should be the Coppertone girl next year, haha (no).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks Coralene!
    What a small world to think we were in the same place, yet didn't even realize it!
    I did like the bone creatures too! I also thought the heart paintings just across from the Black Sparrow booth were wonderful too. I too like the weird and anatomical pieces :)

    Yes the salt girl was my original idea. I even had quite a few people on board to go as the Sunmaid raisin girl and the old man from the popcorn to go with me, but it just never came together. I'd be willing to try it again next year and you can be the Coppertone girl then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I have other skills..." BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I just now remembered it! GREAT title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're sweet Laura! I thought it would be the very best way to remember our fun together.

    By the way, we still need to get you some potato oles ;) Maybe we will make that part of our winter finals celebration. haha

    ReplyDelete