23 October 2010

I'm making a new duvet!

I have been listening to my Bitter:Sweet pandora station--it is seductive and wonderful. Add one to your playlist now, dolly, you won't regret it!


I am working with teals, greens, and purples as my color scheme. I find the floral fabric to be resplendent! I love the layers of colors and the very organic movement of the flowers and greenery. This will be the focal point of the duvet. Then, with the help of my mom, picked out the iridescent tone-on-tone purple polka-dot. How wonderful! These will be the body of decorative pillow cases. Then for the border around the floral fabric I'm looking at adding a patterned teal-green. It will be a soothing and sensuous cover to slumber under!

Also, while at Fiberworks (I start drooling just thinking about all of the fabrics I love in this store!) I picked up this sweet little cupcake oven mitt pattern! I am so very excited to make these too! I'm sure I'll make a whole rash of them because it takes all of two fat quarters to put those little gems together. (Be prepared to get one in your stocking)

No comments:

Post a Comment