21 November 2010

It's a bonfire, baby!

Yes, this is the result of typing "bonfire" into a google image search
The one photo of the night. How classy!

Last night I had a gathering of friends to the outskirts of town to enjoy the warmth of a bonfire.

Of course, as my luck would have it, it has been snowing for the past few days, the temperatures have been dropping, and the roads are a sheet of ice. Luckily, a group of brave friends headed out into the darkness along a winding road to roast weenies and GIANT marshmallows. (I'm not kidding these things were huge! It was as though three regular sized marshmallows combined forces to make this fluffy goodness. Check them out at Evergreen IGA).

When the continual rotation of our bodies around the campfire along with the consumption of festive drinks (Thank you Anna for making Tom and Jerry's! ) no longer provided enough warmth, we moved inside to play Apples to Apples. (Steve kicked ass by gathering a total of 17 green apple cards!) In playing the game I developed a new method of card selection: I always put the newest card out and never looked at it. The results were very profitable, if not a bit confusing when I didn't realize it was my card that was chosen! 

I'm certain everyone had a great time and am looking forward to hosting another bonfire once the shock of the first major snowfall wears off. (Plus,I still have a rather flammable item to throw on the coals!)

2 comments:

  1. You ARE brave! I don't even like going outside to check the mail! What are you drinking in the picture?

    I love board games. Is that one word or two? It wasn't underlined in red when I tried it as one but it didn't look right. Hang on, to Google I go.

    Ah. "Did you mean: board games" There you go.

    Anyways, I'm still all about Scrabble and Pictionary but I've heard Apples to Apples is super fun, have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually wearing like 20 layers of clothing to stay warm.

    And I guess I'm drinking some kind of Dutch chocolate red wine. It was pretty good and reminded me of those chocolates that are filled with liqueur.

    I'm glad you solved the one or two word dilemma. Half the time if the little red line didn't appear I would not know how to spell. haha

    I love Pictionary! I also think you would like the game called What's Yours Like. It is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete