30 November 2010

Marshmallow Legumes

Just before drifting off to sleep the other night I had an interesting conversation (also known as intercourse as per the thirteenth century usage) about circus peanuts.


I have always found marshmallows and marshmallow-like treats to be wonderful-- I think its due to the  spongy, airy quality of spun sugar. (This is a similar reason for my enjoyment of cotton candy). I'll freely admit that I enjoy circus peanuts on an occasional basis. I know it's odd to like a treat that is orange, shaped like a peanut, vaguely tastes like banana, and only slightly shares the marshmallow's consistency. (huh, I'm beginning now to wonder myself why I like them).

These treats were first produced in the 1930s and ever since can be found on the bottom shelves of most every store. (I'm sure many  of them have never left the shelf since 1930, but how could they ever go bad anyway?!)

But back to the topic at hand....
I was laughing so much from the slight confusion which ensued from my curiosity. Follow along:

M: How do you feel about circus peanuts?
B: I feel like they are totally overrated.
M: Overrated? If anything they are underrated!
B: I like 5 guys peanuts. That's a burger place by the way.
B: Guess you must have had some amazing experiences with circus nuts
M: I was talking about the marshmallow treat, not the actual legume

Oh it just makes me smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment