11 November 2010

Yes, another haircut

I know, I know only a few posts earlier I was gabbing about how I cut my hair--how it was such a life changing experience blah, blah,blah--but today I cut my hair again. I just had to do it.

I have wanted to cut my hair short for a few years now, but have not had the gumption to go through with it. Well, this week I finally did. I needed this change. I have been feeling rather angry and in changing my attitude I changed my hair. I have been talking for too long about wanting short hair so I told myself to grow a pair of lady balls (thank you Easy A for being my new favorite movie) and just cut it off already!!

And no, this was not a crazed fit of rage which compelled me to chop off my hair. It was more of an assertion of my self as Mattie. My recent life has felt like a loss of the person I knew as me, but I am becoming more aware of my self and my blessings which have made my life incredibly rich. I would not trade this life experience or the heartbreak because I know I am becoming a better version of myself each day. (I mean just look at this kick ass haircut I just got!)

I might consider a color change too . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment