18 July 2010

Spiders in a Cup--the soon-to-be squel to the moneymaker Snakes on a Plane


I have had a unique addition to my water glass.

I watched him crawl up the side of the hexagon cut glass and then wrap himself around the lip. He remained still for about 7 minutes and then began circling the inside of the glass multiple times, probably about 4, until he stopped in relatively the same place.

Thank goodness I saw him or else it would have been an interesting sip!

I attempted looking for some information to identify this spider, but had a difficult time. Not just only because much of the information was concerning the more dangerous spiders, of which I think this is not, but I was creeped out by the pictures. Ironically enough this spider has been sitting in my glass for over an hour and I have enjoyed watching it, but photos like this, this, and this make me shiver involuntarily. (I know! Holy shit those are disgusting!! I'm glad you were brave enough to also take a peak at them. Now I don't have to be the only whose skin is crawling)

No comments:

Post a Comment